Kolorex – Scientific Reading List & References
Further reading on the science behind Kolorex anti-candida and yeast infection remedying products.
The properties and health benefits of Horopito and the polygodial it contains have been extensively researched by respected scientists.
Like to know more about the science behind Kolorex products? Refer to Forest Herbs Research’s Scientific Summary
You will also learn a lot from the following articles and publications.
References: Published scientific papers or articles
- Flowering Plants of New Zealand. Webb, Johnson & Sykes, DSIR Botany, Christchurch, N.Z. 1990, pp 104.
- Antibiotic substances from New Zealand plants II. Polygodial, an anti-Candida agent from Pseudowintera colorata. McCallion, R.F., Cole, A.L.J, Walker, J.R.L., Blunt, J.W. and Munro, H.G., 1982, Planta Medica 44, pp 34-138.
- Polygodial, an antifungal potentiator. Kubo, I. & Taniguchi, M., 1988, Journal of Natural Products 51 (1), pp 22-29.
- Mode of action of polygodial, antifungal sesquiterpene dialdehyde. Tangiguchi, M., Yano, Y., Tada, E., Ikenishi, K., Oi, S., Haraguchi, H, Hashimoto, K. & Kubo, I., 1988, Agric. Biol. Chem. 52 (6), pp 1409-1414.
- In vitro antifungal susceptibilities of Candida albicans and other fungal pathogens to polygodial, a sesquiterpene dialdehyde. Lee, S.H., Lee, J.R., Lunde, C.S. & Kubo, I., 1999, Planta Medica 65, pp 204-208.
- Anethole, a synergist of polygodial against filamentous micro-organisms. Kubo, I. & Himejima, M. 1991, J. Agric. Food Chem. 39, pp 2290-2292.
- Fungicidal activity of polygodial in combination with anethole and indole against Candida albicans. Himejima, M. & Kubo, I. 1993, J. Agric. Food Chem., 41, pp 1776-1779.
- Occurrence, biological activity and synthesis of drimane sesquiterpenoids. Jansen, B.J.M., and Æ. de Groot, A. 2004. Natural Product Reports 21 (4). Royal Society of Chemistry, London: 449-477.
- Subclinical candiduria in patients with gastrointestinal malignancies: a preliminary study on the protective effect of a natural phytocompound. Marotta, F. et al., 2010. Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents, 24(3), pp.317-324
- Effect of a novel phyto-compound on mucosal candidiasis: Further evidence from an ex vivo study. Nakajima J, Papaah P, Yoshizawa M, Marotta F, Nakajima T, Mihara S, Minelli E. 2007. Journal of Digestive Diseases, vol 8, pp48-51
- Protective Effect of a Polygodial/Anethole-Containing Natural Product against Candida albicans Gastrointestinal Colonization and Dissemination. Naito Y, Wu C C, Seal M G, Gelosa F, Yoshioka M, Safran P, Marotta F. 2001. International Medical Journal, vol 8, No 1, pp3-9
- Vulvovaginal Candidiasis: Investigating the Dermatological connection. Summers, PR, OBG Management 1998 August Suppl:2-6
- Protective effect of an oral natural phytonutrient in recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis: a 12-month study. Kumari, A., Bishier, M. P., Naito, Y., Sharma, A., Solimene, U., Jain, S., Yadava, H., et al. 2011. Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents, 25(4), 543–551.